- Petropavlovskiy AA*, Kogut JA*, Leekha A*, Townsend CA*, and Sanders SS. A sticky situation: regulation and function of protein palmitoylation with a spotlight on the axon and axon initial segment. Neuronal Signaling. 2021: 5. *equal contribution.
- Sanders SS, Hernandez LM, Soh H, Karnam S, Walikonis RS, Tzingounis AV, Thomas GM. The palmitoyl acyltransferase ZDHHC14 controls Kv1-family potassium channel clustering at the axon initial segment. eLife. 2020: 9: e56058.
- Niu J*, Sanders SS*, Jeong HK*, Holland SM, Sun Y, Collura KM, Hernandez LM, Huang H, Hayden MR, Smith GM, Hu Y, Jin Y, Thomas GM. Coupled Control of Distal Axon Integrity and Somal Responses to Axonal Damage by the Palmitoyl Acyltransferase ZDHHC17. Cell Reports. 2020: 33: 108365. *equal contribution.
- Sanders SS, DeSimone FI, Thomas GM. mTORC1 signaling is palmitoylation-dependent and involves dynamic palmitoylation of LAMTOR1 and mTOR. Front Cell Neurosci. 2019: 13: 115.
- Skotte NH*, Sanders SS*, Singaraja RR*, Ehrnhoefer DE, Vaid K, Qui X, Kannan S, Verma C, Hayden MR. Palmitoylation of caspase-6 by HIP14 regulates its activation. Cell Death and Dif. 2017: 24: 433. *equal contribution.
- Sanders SS, Parsons MP, Mui KKN, Southwell AL, Franciosi S, Cheung D, Waltl S, Raymond LA, Hayden MR. Sudden death due to paralysis and synaptic and behavioral deficits when Hip14/Zdhhc17 is deleted in adult mice. BMC Biology. 2016: 14: 108.
- Sanders SS*, Martin DDO*, Butland SL, Lavallee-Adam M, Calozari D, Kay C, Yates III JR, Hayden MR. Curation of the mammalian palmitoylome indicates a pivotal role for palmitoylation in diseases and disorders of the nervous system. PLOS Comp Bio. 2015: 11: e1004405-20. *equal contribution.
- Sanders SS, Hou J, Sutton LM, Garside VC, Mui KKN, Singaraja RR, Hayden MR, Hoodless PA. Huntingtin interacting proteins 14 and 14-like are required for chorioallantoic fusion during early placental development. Dev Biol. 2015: 387: 257-66.
- Sanders SS, Sutton LM, Mui KKN, Hayden MR. Identification of a binding site in Huntingtin for the Huntingtin interacting proteins HIP14 and HIP14L. PLoS One. 2014: 9: 90669.